Friday, February 04, 2005

These Norms..



It's amazing how some names just become a synonym of a community of things they represent. They are the pioneers of their fields. Read about the same somwhere yesterday, and got this image as a forward today. Just made me wonder again. Give a thought to these names - Google, Xerox, TiVo, and if I go more local and FMCGish - Maggi, Band-aid, Rasna. They simply define what they represent.

Googling is such a common term for students and people like me, working in business research firms. One would invariably find people taking a xerox using their photocopiers! Maybe we aren't as familiar with TiVo here in India, but heard that terms are being coined on it too. And there are so many I don't even remember/know.

I wonder how great would it be to invent something which becomes a norm, a definition. I would like to invent one and say - 'Well, you know, I did that first.'

~ Ankur.

No comments: