And so that I do not forget:
- Symmetry, or the excess of it?
- Abdul Kalam - Presidency & beyond
- Moon, and then again
- Fish - at the airport
Music: It must've been Love - Roxette
1. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea - Jules VerneWell, now although the period was subdued, it was a highly satisfying one due to the the first book on the list. This was the first novel of my life, which I read in Class II/III and in Hindi! The title was 'Samudri Duniya ki Romanchkari Yatra' :D
2. The Hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
3. Letters from a Father to his Daughter - Jawahar Lal Nehru
4. The Intrusion and Other Stories - Shashi Deshpande
5. The Algebra of Infinite Justice - Arundhati Roy
6. The Ugly Duckling! :)
at 3:15 pm
Books I read in recent past:
at 3:17 pm
Quite a few things have happened since I last wrote:
A certain Mr. India decided to tie the knot. Contrary to all expectations he is happily married already, despite claims from some circles about him being a polygamist. And just as the whole world conspires for something great, it did so again, and one of the few great men is all set to conquer the world of sport (rather, the law, humanities and management of sport) and I eagerly await my first set of tickets to Olympics, World Cups, and the rest.
A few months back, the musician inside me got a big kick, when I got a full-blown seven piece drum kit as a birthday gift. I have managed to tame only one beat in all these months, but then I am sure slow and steady win most of the races. And yes, one of the best things to happen were that a streetcar named Swift entered life, and made me feel richer. No more raindrops falling on my head. It’s great, and that’s all I have to say about that. What more – I switched jobs. As in, I switched my own job. Whatmore kept his (or so I believe). I think it was a good decision after these couple of months, lest all this traveling bit. But I ain’t complaining yet.
at 10:05 am
About ten months back, I had described project managers as this -
I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.And today, when I am a project manager myself, I accidentally found that my Orkut profile reads the same :D
at 2:12 am
So what is patriotism? Why be patriotic? Is it necessary? Is it good? Does patriotism stand against humanity?
If there were 100 people from your nation dying, and 101 from another, and suppose you had the option to save only one bunch, whom would you save? The 100 from your country, or the 101 from some other? What does patriotism say? What does humanity say? If you chose to save the 101, are you not patriotic? If you chose the 100, is that an act of humanity?
For that matter, had it even been 100 and 100, what would you have done?
at 5:43 am