Friday, February 04, 2005

Mad Mad Google..

Google - it has gone mad.

Now till yesterday, I was very bugged by that persistent message on the top of my Gmail, saying 'You have 5 Gmail invitations left'. It's a very unharming message, and one might even not notice it, but somehow I was very bugged by that. To me it felt like 'Dude, you still have 5 Gmail invitations left?!' Kinda get-a-life-dude message from Google. Again, yesterday (or maybe a few days earlier, but then I didn't notice it till yesterday), Google removed that message and placed a search-bar sort of a thing in the left-side panel. This was too much for my self-esteem to take. I mean, these guys were really throwing this at my face! So I decided to do something about it. And yesterday I caught hold of the absolutely fresh, innocent and unsuspecting new joinees here at workplace, cornered them strategically in a way Anand would be proud of me, and yelled with pure brute force - 'You tiny little smudgy new joinee, Do YOU have Gmail? X-(' And dumb guys, some of them, they were really amused at my crazy happiness and samba-dance when they uttered a scared 'No'. And so I made them write their full email ids on a piece of paper and sprinted for my comp.

Alas, there were only 2 of them, and I could send only two invites. But nonetheless, the task was getting done. And I came back today morning so happy thinking the message in that painful search-bar-type thing would say '3 left'. Just 3 more and it would go away for ever and ever. But what do I see there today, and Google is really really mad, it says - '50 invitations left.'

Google is mad. Gmail is mad. Do they really expect me to find 50 people remaining in this world whom I know and they do not have Gmail. Why don't they get off Beta instead now!

And I thought, only the Romans were crazy!

~ Ankur.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Google upgraded mine to 50 about 4 days back :) I have officially given up on trying to find people who don't have gmail. I just content myself with the thought that I got gmail waaaay back over 9 months ago....and hence the name of my choice is mine!! MINE!!!! Muhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Errr :"> Nobody's watching me, right?

~lakesidey

Anonymous said...

Came to you blog after a long break as was on the road for last couple of weeks... And was not disappointed, the last post was quite hilarious.

-old owl

Ankur Shrivastava said...

Lakesidey Uncle, noone's watching you around here, so you can Muhahaha as much as you like :D

Oldowl Uncle, welcome back :)

~ Ankur.