Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Firefox, who?

So I realized that my blog appears all haywire in Internet Explorer, while it's perfect to look at through Firefox. IE cannot even interpret all the colours I use for my blog template - which is very awful in my opinion. And it brings me to my request - please use Firefox. I even thought of a subtitle for my blog: "The Life and Times of Mine - best viewed in Firefox!" Unfortunately, this template doesn't have a subtitle thing, so I couldn't have all that fun.

Anyhow, so I went to one of the IT guys here at workplace, and asked - "Hi. Why don't we have Firefox?". And imagine what he replied - "Firefox? What's that?" Whoa! That's IT for you! Anyway, I said - "It's a browser. It has tabs." Bam this came - "Tabs?". Then I just blurted - "It's free." and started back, but I think I heard him saying - "It won't support our applications." I was like - "We are a business research firm - what applications?!"

No wonder Internet Explorer still has nearly 90 percent market share! But it's falling, and Firefox is increasing fast. Wonder what's up with Opera people - someone said they were ahead of their time! And opera was cool, back in CC :)

By the way, the IT guys here are real nice people, and if I just push a little, we might even have Firefox (at least for me). Should I, then?

*Lights fade off and the spot is on the protagonist, who contemplates life and its meaning*

~ Ankur.

1 comment:

Pranav said...

Opera is still good. It's pretty fast, has tabs and the amazing ability to memorise the open windows.